The University of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical School, of is seeking a uveitis fellowship-trained ophthalmologist, to join the Department of Ophthalmology and the Mitchel and Shannon Wong Eye Institute (MSWEI) at the Dell Medical School. Qualified candidates will be considered at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor, non-tenured and tenured.
More information and application instructions can be found below and via the online application.
The Dell Medical School is part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities. The Dell Medical School pursues innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and undergraduate and graduate medical education.
The Dell Medical School is focused on the development of new models for healthcare delivery, promotion of health, and innovation.
The Department of Ophthalmology and the MSWEI seek to recruit dynamic, academically oriented, mission and culturally aligned faculty. This is a 100% FTE position.
- Serve as a clinical ophthalmologist to deliver evidence-based and value-based care with an interest in redesign initiatives.
- Assist in the training of residents and students in the clinical and surgical management of the eye conditions and diseases of the eye.
- Engage in scientiﬁc inquiry in conjunction with learners and faculty at Dell Med and UT Austin.
- Participate in strategic planning and other efforts directly tied to the development and growth of the MSWEI.
- Interest in developing outcomes metrics to measure patient-centric outcomes.
- Commitment to health equity
- Develop partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals and others in Austin and Central Texas.
Other Possible Functions:
- The department also seeks individuals to serve in the following roles:
- Associate Chair (Vice Chair) of Research
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school
- Current Board certiﬁcation/eligibility in Ophthalmology
- Eligible for medical licensure in Texas
- Fellowship training in Uveitis
- Eligible for faculty appointment with The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
- Interest in research
- Record of leadership and scholarly achievement.