Uveitis and Comprehensive Ophthalmologist
The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, NY is seeking an additional Board-eligible/certified comprehensive ophthalmologist with expertise in Uveitis to join our full-time faculty which include two additional comprehensive Ophthalmologists with expertise in Uveitis. An Academic appointment will be made at a rank commensurate with qualifications.
The Bronx is rich in diversity and Montefiore is the largest health care provider in the borough, providing well over 100,000 patient ophthalmology appointments annually. The volume continues to increase and there is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in an area with tremendous clinical variety. Montefiore’s residency program is accredited by the ACGME with five residents per year.
Clinical Responsibilities for the Comprehensive Ophthalmologist with expertise in Uveitis:
· Engage in teaching, research and service.
· Provide medical and surgical care including consult and emergency services at the Einstein-Montefiore affiliated hospital
· Train residents in program accredited ACGME and medical students; and make academic and research contributions.
· Board eligible for medical licensure in the State of New York
· Candidates must be Board Eligible or Board Certified in Ophthalmology
· Completed a Fellowship in Uveitis, or Retina or Cornea with enough focus on Uveitis that they are comfortable providing patient consultations in the area of Uveitis
· Provide a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and three professional references
Roy S. Chuck, MD, PhD
c/o Margaret Kealy
Department of Ophthalmology
Montefiore Medical Center
111 East 210th Street
Bronx, NY 10467
Ph: (718) 920-6665